Military Injury Road Traffic Accidents - contact Clear Answers now
Privacy Policy & Cookies

Road Accident Claims Work Accident Claims Asbestos Exposure Claims Industrial Disease Claims Head and Brain Injury Claims Medical Negligence Claims Surgical Error Claims Travel Accident Claims Military Accident Claims Personal Injury Claims

How much?


PI Information

Our PI Lawyers

0800 783 90190800 783 9019
0330 333 56560330 333 5656
Claim OnlineClaim Online
Text CLAIM to 82010 now, standard network rates applyText CLAIM to 82010
Network of offices throughout the UKVisit our UK offices

Personal injury lawyers

Home > Personal Injury > Military Claims > Employers Liability > Military Injury Road Traffic Accidents

Military Injury Road Traffic Accidents

If you serve in the armed forces and suffer personal injury in a road traffic accident, you may be able to pursue an accident claim in the usual way.

If your accident occurs due to the negligent driving of another British serviceman or in the UK, there should be no difficulty in your compensation claim - unless the accident occurred as a result of active operations.

If the road traffic accident occurred as the result of the negligent driving of a foreign national whilst abroad, a claim may be possible but, as ever, it is essential to obtain prompt specialist claim advice. The time limits for claiming, the rules which govern claims, and the way in which compensation is assessed vary from country to country.

The exception relating to military service personnel who are engaged in active service during a conflict, in the context of road traffic accidents, only applies if the conflict itself is shown to be a cause of the accident: you can still make a claim if you happen to have a road traffic accident when in military service but it has nothing directly to do with the conflict.

If your injury in a road traffic accident is as a result of direct conflict, you cannot make a claim through the courts. However, you may be able to make a claim through the no fault Armed Forces Compensation Scheme, if your accident took place after 6th April 2005.

It is always important to obtain prompt specialist advice.

Clear Answers personal injury lawyers have experts who specialise in claims against the Ministry of Defence. They will be able to advise you whether a claim for compensation is possible and can give guidance and assistance on how a claim can be pursued.

Telephone us now on 0800 783 9019 or complete one of our online compensation claim forms.

print this page