Other Military Injury Claims - contact Clear Answers now
Privacy Policy & Cookies

Road Accident Claims Work Accident Claims Asbestos Exposure Claims Industrial Disease Claims Head and Brain Injury Claims Medical Negligence Claims Surgical Error Claims Travel Accident Claims Military Accident Claims Personal Injury Claims

How much?


PI Information

Our PI Lawyers

0800 783 90190800 783 9019
0330 333 56560330 333 5656
Claim OnlineClaim Online
Text CLAIM to 82010 now, standard network rates applyText CLAIM to 82010
Network of offices throughout the UKVisit our UK offices

Personal injury lawyers

Home > Personal Injury > Military Claims > Other Military Injury Claims

Other Military Injury Claims

The Armed Forces Compensation Scheme

If you suffered injury after 6th April 2005 during a conflict you may well be able to make a claim under the no fault Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.

You should not wait until you leave the Armed Forces before making a claim.

There is a seven year time limit from the date of injury to make such a claim.

You can apply for compensation when still in MOD service.

War Pensions

If you were injured before 6th April 2005 (excluding injuries sustained as a result of direct conflict) you may be able to make a claim for a War Pension payment. The time limit for that claim is seven years and you should act immediately.

This compensation is only available after MOD discharge from service.

There are special rules about how a War Pension compensation can be deducted from an Armed Services personal injury claim and the right to appeal any such deduction.

Military Injury News Stories

Every year, Clear Answers solicitors deal with a large number of cases brought against the MOD by Armed Forces personnel.

Below are a selection of compensation claims that we have fought against the MOD. Our News Section is updated regularly and you can view these stories and other successful personal injury compensation claims.

To view the full story of any of our selection, click on the links beneath the description.

October 2007

Armed Forces Compensation Scheme to change following a review by the MOD
Following the paltry compensation recently awarded to a soldier seriously injured in Afghanistan, the MOD has announced it has reviewed its scheme for compensating injured service personnel. Under the old scheme, only the first 3 serious injuries were taken into account. This has now been revised to include all injuries, which will mean the most seriously injured personnel will receive up to the maximum of £285,000.
Read more about Armed Forces Compensation Scheme to change

September 2007

Compensation of £152,000 awarded to soldier seriously injured in Afghanistan - an "insult" claims his mother
The maximum award payable to injured service personal is £285,000, almost twice that awarded to Lance Bombardier Ben Parkinson. The maximum is only awarded if the injury includes all limbs being lost. He suffered 37 separate injuries including loss of his legs and brain injury.
Read more about Compensation of £152,000 awarded to soldier

Please visit one of the links below for further information:


Making the Claim

It is very important to note that you can make a claim under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme or War Pension and still also pursue a separate civil accident claim for compensation.

You do not have to choose one or the other. You are likely to be significantly better off by doing both.

Clear Answers personal injury lawyers have experts who specialise in claims against the Ministry of Defence. They will be able to advise you whether a claim for compensation is possible alongside these schemes, and can give guidance and assistance on how a claim can be pursued..

Telephone us now on 0800 783 9019 and speak to one of our specialist representatives, or a representative will contact you as soon as possible if you complete one of our online compensation claim forms.

[ Back to top ]

print this page