Accident compensation for woman suffering a broken elbow tripping on an uneven pavement
Privacy Policy & Cookies

Road Accident Claims Work Accident Claims Asbestos Exposure Claims Industrial Disease Claims Head and Brain Injury Claims Medical Negligence Claims Surgical Error Claims Travel Accident Claims Military Accident Claims Personal Injury Claims

How much?


PI Information

Our PI Lawyers

0800 783 90190800 783 9019
0330 333 56560330 333 5656
Claim OnlineClaim Online
Text CLAIM to 82010 now, standard network rates applyText CLAIM to 82010
Network of offices throughout the UKVisit our UK offices

Accident compensation lawyers

Home > News > Accident compensation for client who suffered a broken elbow

11th April 2011

Accident compensation for client who suffered a broken elbow

This client asked for our accident compensation claim advice when she suffered a broken elbow in a street accident.

The defendant's insurers refused to negotiate a level of compensation that our specialist accident compensation lawyers felt was appropriate for her injuries. They were forced to issue court proceedings, but after advising our client to refuse an initial offer were able to secure an acceptable sum prior to the trial.

Tripping accident in the street

Our client had been walking along a pavement maintained by the local highway's authority. She tripped on uneven paving and fell forwards, landing on her outstretched arm. Our subsequent investigations revealed that the difference in the two levels was two inches, causing a considerable hazard to anyone walking there.

Injuries caused by the tripping accident

In an effort to save herself from falling, our client had put out her arm. However, the force of her fall caused her to suffer a serious break and extensive soft tissue injury. The break took some months to heal, and the ongoing symptoms persisted for many months after her accident.

Breach of statutory duty and negligence

The highways agency has a responsibility to inspect all areas and identify and repair those hazards that are defective and causing a hazard. By failing to repair this defect, they had breached Section 41 of the Highways Act 1980.

Making an accident compensation claim

Clear Answers' specialist personal injury lawyers have extensive experience in all types of personal injury claims, including those that result from accidents involving trips and falls in the street.

Should you decide to instruct us to represent you in your accident compensation claim, Clear Answers has teams of specialist accident compensation lawyers waiting to help you. They will be happy to talk you through the claims process in plain English, will provide you with expert accident compensation claim advice, and will answer any questions you may have regarding your claim.

If you, or a family member, has been injured in any sort of personal injury accident, please ring us on 0800 783 9019 and speak to one of our advisers. Alternatively, you may prefer to complete one of our on-line accident compensation claim forms and one of our representatives will contact you as soon as possible.

back to news index

print this page