Compensation for Personal Injury Caused by Road Defect
Privacy Policy & Cookies

Road Accident Claims Work Accident Claims Asbestos Exposure Claims Industrial Disease Claims Head and Brain Injury Claims Medical Negligence Claims Surgical Error Claims Travel Accident Claims Military Accident Claims Personal Injury Claims

How much?


PI Information

Our PI Lawyers

0800 783 90190800 783 9019
0330 333 56560330 333 5656
Claim OnlineClaim Online
Text CLAIM to 82010 now, standard network rates applyText CLAIM to 82010
Network of offices throughout the UKVisit our UK offices

Home > News > Personal Injury News

3rd January 2007

Insufficient Inspection Records

Clear Answers' lawyers, Thompsons Solicitors represented a client after a public liability accident where the client tripped over a defect in the road.

The client returned following his accident in order to take photographs of the defect.

When the case went to trial the highway inspector claimed that the defect in the road was less than 25mm and claimed that it was not sizeable enough to pose a danger to the general public.

He then went on to say that even if he had come across this particular defect on his inspections no action would have been taken as it was too small to be considered a hazard.

The claimant however argues that it did pose a danger and he was adamant that the defect was in excess of 25mm. The client also stated that the defect had been there for approximately a year before his accident took place.

The Judge ruled in favour of the claimant stating that the defect was indeed dangerous and found the fact that this had not been spotted during previous inspections as an act of negligence.

The claimant was awarded £1,300 in damages.

Compensation Claim

If you or a member of your family has been injured as a result of a slip, trip or fall that was the fault of someone other than yourself contact Clear Answers' expert personal injury solicitors on 0800 783 9019. Or if you have suffered any type of personal injury and believe you may have a valid accident claim for compensation.

Alternatively fill out one of our online compensation claim forms and a representative will contact you as soon as possible.

back to news index

print this page