Woman compensated by local council after fall
Privacy Policy & Cookies

Road Accident Claims Work Accident Claims Asbestos Exposure Claims Industrial Disease Claims Head and Brain Injury Claims Medical Negligence Claims Surgical Error Claims Travel Accident Claims Military Accident Claims Personal Injury Claims

How much?


PI Information

Our PI Lawyers

0800 783 90190800 783 9019
0330 333 56560330 333 5656
Claim OnlineClaim Online
Text CLAIM to 82010 now, standard network rates applyText CLAIM to 82010
Network of offices throughout the UKVisit our UK offices

Accident compensation lawyers

Home > News >

18th July 2014

Woman compensated by local council after fall

An elderly lady, who slipped on a neglected area of communal council property while walking home, contacted our specialist personal injury lawyers to pursue a compensation claim.

Our client was returning home when she slipped on area of the pavement which was covered by untreated moss and grass. Despite this being brought to the attention of the ward councillor several times, the hazard was ignored by the council. She suffered a broken ankle and was incapacitated for some time by the pain, swelling and bruising.

Liability denied then accepted

She remained in a plaster for six weeks. Thereafter she received physiotherapy treatment and was only mobile with the use if crutches or a wheelchair.

The council initially denied liability for her accident, but following an intervention from one our specialist personal injury lawyers, the council realised that it was liable on the grounds that it had not responded to repeated warnings from one of its own councillors.

Making a claim for accident compensation

Clear Answers’ specialist personal injury lawyers are waiting to provide you with expert legal advice. We specialise in all types of personal injury compensation claims, particularly those that happen in public places.

If you or a family member has been injured through no fault of your own, please ring us on 0800 783 9019 and speak to one of our advisers. They will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and to talk you through the claims process in plain English. Alternatively, please complete one of our online compensation claim forms and a representative will contact you as quickly as possible.

print this page