Road traffic accidents involving hit and run drivers – compensation claims advice from specialist RTA lawyers
Privacy Policy & Cookies

Road Accident Claims Work Accident Claims Asbestos Exposure Claims Industrial Disease Claims Head and Brain Injury Claims Medical Negligence Claims Surgical Error Claims Travel Accident Claims Military Accident Claims Personal Injury Claims

How much?


PI Information

Our PI Lawyers

0800 783 90190800 783 9019
0330 333 56560330 333 5656
Claim OnlineClaim Online
Text CLAIM to 82010 now, standard network rates applyText CLAIM to 82010
Network of offices throughout the UKVisit our UK offices

Road traffic accident news

Road accident compensation lawyers

Home > Personal Injury > Road Traffic Accidents > Road traffic accidents involving hit and run drivers

Road traffic accidents involving hit and run drivers

Hit and run - compensation claim advice

In cases where the driver fails to stop after a road accident, or an unknown driver has negligently caused you an accident of any sort, our first efforts for you would be trace the driver or his insurance with any information available from you or the police.

If the driver responsible for your accident cannot be traced, then your best option may be to approach the Motor Insurers' Bureau (MIB) directly to see if they can help you. Clear Answers are unable to pursue a private accident claim in these circumstances.

You will be required to bring evidence of calling the police: you should have a note of their details. They will compile a report which is of considerable importance in any subsequent legal action.

If you are involved in an accident, take the names and home addresses of witnesses; wherever possible always keep a record of what happened, and take photographs if you can; keep evidence of doctors visited and treatments, and keep any injury related receipts.

Please visit our section on information and advice for more details on making a personal injury compensation claim, or our gathering information and evidence section for details on what to do if you are involved in an accident.

The Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB)

Members of the public may be able to bring a claim through The Motor Insurers' Bureau (MIB) if they have been injured or had their property damaged by an uninsured driver, through no fault of their own.

It is possible to take a claim to the Motor Insurers' Bureau directly, although most people prefer to have professional legal assistance, as the procedure may be a complicated and lengthy one.

Clear Answers may be able to secure compensation for your injuries through the MIB scheme if you have been injured though the actions of an uninsured third party.

Hit and run and RTA news stories

To read news stories involving successful road traffic accidents and other personal injury compensation claims, visit our News Section which is regularly updated.

Compensation claims

It is important to obtain prompt specialist advice as to whether we can help you use the scheme to get accident compensation for your car accident.

We have specialist teams to advise you through this legal maze and to obtain the maximum possible compensation for you under the rules of that scheme.

Telephone us now on 0800 783 9019 or complete one of our online compensation claim forms.

Strict time limits apply for making a personal injury compensation claim, so please seek expert legal advice as soon as you think you may have a valid claim for compensation.

[ Back To Road Traffic Accident Index ]

print this page