Road traffic accidents involving uninsured or stolen vehicles – compensation claims advice from specialist RTA lawyers
Privacy Policy & Cookies

Road Accident Claims Work Accident Claims Asbestos Exposure Claims Industrial Disease Claims Head and Brain Injury Claims Medical Negligence Claims Surgical Error Claims Travel Accident Claims Military Accident Claims Personal Injury Claims

How much?


PI Information

Our PI Lawyers

0800 783 90190800 783 9019
0330 333 56560330 333 5656
Claim OnlineClaim Online
Text CLAIM to 82010 now, standard network rates applyText CLAIM to 82010
Network of offices throughout the UKVisit our UK offices

Road traffic accident news

Road accident compensation lawyers

Home > Personal Injury > Road Traffic Accidents > RTA involving uninsured or stolen vehicles

RTA involving uninsured or stolen vehicles

Uninsured or stolen - compensation claim advice

Road traffic accidents are governed by the law of negligence and driving is therefore governed by the standard of reasonable care.

All road users owe a duty to one another to use the highway with reasonable care. If a road accident which causes personal injury is caused by a failure to meet this standard, an accident claim for damages may be brought by the injured person.

If any injury occurs as a result of a road traffic accident, the police should be called. They will compile a report which is of considerable importance in any subsequent legal action

If an accident happens, wherever possible take the names and home addresses of witnesses; always keep a record and take photographs if you can; afterwards, keep evidence of doctors visited and treatments, and keep receipts for any injury related expenses.

Please select one of the links below for more information on bringing a claim for road accident compensation.

The Motor Insurers Bureau

Most people who have been involved in a road traffic accident prefer to seek professional legal assistance if they wish to pursue a claim. The procedure can often be complicated and lengthy, particularly if the person responsible for your injury is found to be uninsured.

Clear Answers may be able to deal with your claim via the Motor Insurers' Bureau (MIB) scheme if your case involves an uninsured third party, although it is possible to go directly to the Bureau to seek compensation.

Strict time limits apply for making a personal injury compensation claim, so please seek expert legal advice as soon as you think you may have a valid claim for compensation.

Please visit our section on information and advice for more details on making a personal injury compensation claim, or our gathering information and evidence section for details on what to do if you are involved in an accident.

[back to top]

Uninsured or stolen and other RTA news stories

To read examples of successful road traffic accident claims, including those involving uninsured or stolen vehicles, and other personal injury accident compensation claims, visit our News Section which is regularly updated.

Below is just one example of a news item related to road traffic accidents which we hope will be of interest to you.

Clamp down on uninsured drivers - changes to the law

From 20th June 2011, a new law will come into force to make it illegal to own a vehicle without insurance. Previously, the law meant that it was only an offence if you were caught driving a vehicle without insurance cover.
More about Clamp down on uninsured drivers - changes to the law

[back to top]

Making a claim for road accident compensation

It is always important to obtain prompt specialist advice.

Clear Answers' specialist personal injury lawyers are experts in dealing with all types of road traffic accidents, and will be able to advise you whether a claim for compensation is possible. We can give guidance and assistance on how a claim can be pursued.

Telephone us now on 0800 783 9019 or complete one of our online  accident compensation claim forms.

[back to top]
[Back to road traffic accident index ]

print this page